Thought Catalog’s mission is to support freedom of speech, empower writers and readers on their own terms, and make Thought Catalog an online magazine that represents the world views and rhetorical styles of as many people as possible. It strives to help shape culture by empowering writers to share their ideas and stories with the world.
- Polygamy Will Never Work In This Generation
Polygamy would never work within the standard of living of women today.
- 8 Rules Everyone Should Follow When Their Friend Needs To Vent
There is no step-by-step tutorial on how to be that perfect friend when they are in need, but the following are the simple and most successful ways on how to handle a friend going through a crisis.
- How Lingerie Empowers Women, And Not Just Sexually
Feeling good in your lingerie is imperative, regardless of whether anyone else will sneak a peek of you in it or not.
- 5 Wrong Things Women Do With Men That End A Relationship Before It Even Starts
Relationships in fact are really quite simple, but sometimes a girl can drive herself insane trying to figure it all out- often losing sight of what’s really important, causing a budding relationship to turn into a non-existing one.
- 7 Reasons Traveling With Your Significant Other Is A Perfect Test Run Before Marriage
Things don’t always go as planned on trips and co-habituating with any other person can sometimes be difficult. But going on a getaway with your partner, whether it be for a week or a month, will teach you many lessons that can make or break your relationship.
- Even Disney Princesses Have Relationship Problems
All the too-good-to-be-true qualities of love that although we may like to believe is possible thanks to Disney, and even have come to EXPECT were certainly far from reality.
- 8 Simple Lessons Dogs Can Teach Our Generation About Love & Life
We teach them how to sit, stay and fetch. But did you ever once take a moment to think that our furry friends are in fact the ones who teach us?
- 8 Unfair Stereotypes Given To Generation Y That We’ll Just Have To Get Over
We are criticized, categorized and ridiculed, but in reality, these harsh stereotypes although they may have some truth to them, do not hinder us young adults whatsoever. In fact, they aid in our success. The very same characteristics that many see as weaknesses are in fact, strengths that are beneficial and valuable to organizations.
- How Being Single CAN Equal Happiness
Being in a relationship is no guarantee of happiness, and as a matter of fact, being single gives you more time to mature as an adult and to properly get to know who you are and what you actually want in life…
- 4 Beautiful Ways to Drown Out Your Inner Demons
Just like with every battle there are two options: you can choose to hide from these demons and negative energies or you can choose to fight these demons and confront and conquer them.
- 8 Wonderful Things About Long Distance Relationships Far Apart Couples Should Always Remember
Through the pain and the distance, I can honestly say that being in a LDR does have its upsides. For anyone second-guessing their LDR or in need of some self-assurance that everything WILL be okay, here are some of my top silver linings when it comes to long distance relationships.